Tuesday, January 12, 2010

D&L’s Excellent Adventure (As Expressed Through Poor Poetic Verse)

The Good

Communism is red
Lake Balaton is blue
Deane and Luke like langos
Almost as much as I do.




The Bad

Communism is red
Gellert Baths aren’t exactly blue
Deane doesn’t like secondhand smoke
There was nothing we could do.


The Ugly

Communism is red
This is a ditty
Although Café Godot wasn’t open
I’m guessing Goomba wasn’t pretty.


Visit To Statue Park

There once was a man named Lenin
Who sent Europe into a tailspin
After the fall of the wall
His statue not small
Was moved to exile next to Stalin





3 comments:

  1. It looks like you, Deane and Luke had a great time! It was very nice that they came to Budapest to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, thank you for hosting us. I had an awesome time and we totally bummed this morning to realize that I had to leave Europe. Oh, and thanks for posting the picture of Deane shoving langos in his face instead of me...mmmm...langos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the babgulyas!! And of course the Nugat Bits...I could use a big bowl of those right now. Hanging out with you in an amazing and slightly crazy city was really fun- Luke and I decided that next time you are in a faraway place we will stay longer...we were pretty jetlagged for our few days in the 'pest. Thanks again, hope your next visitors have a similarly awesome time with you.

    ReplyDelete