Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Am Back

Oh, I'm back. B-school apps were annoying, but first-round is done, and I plan on a straight copy & paste to get me through the second round. Which will explain things if I don't get in anywhere.

It is amazing how a silly process which requires only a couple of recommendations and a few essays about the thing you know most about – you – can be so stressful. I am sorry to everyone to whom I have been a biatch this month as a result of doing apps on weekends and trying to figure out what exactly is my “career vision.” I also want to let it be known that I wrote I was the “longest tenured employee” at the Sherborn Sandwich Company under my employment experience. Even Karen, the woman who left for a rival sandwich shop after another coworker began having an affair with the local cop with whom Karen already was having an affair, started after me. I am full of interesting things to write about; unfortunately, most of them do not answer the question “what is your greatest mistake and why?”

I think I will celebrate with a Hungarian langosh / pallinka bender. Scratch that. This weekend, I am going camping with coworkers in Dachstein in Austria, which is more akin to The Sound of Music. My coworker Robert emailed around a packing list, which includes these items:

- Head-torch – I actually have one of these in Boston. My eccentric (crazy) aunt gave it to me for Christmas years ago. It is a combination head-lamp / head-magnifying glass. I have never used it but have kept it in case I ever want to go spelunking.

- Pallinka – Robert, are you serious? Pallinka is a q to v potent, and I can barely converse after drinking it much less scale a mountain. I plan to abstain (sike!).

- Some food (chocolate bars, sweets...) – Man, I like how you think!

Just call me Fraulein Maria.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing Alex; I can't believe they ask those stupid questions on B-school apps too.
    I am uber-jealous of your hiking/camping this weekend. Also, I seem to recall a mild to moderate dislike of camping emanating from your general direction...no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you are absolutely correct! I faked it through college to avoid the "What is wrong with you / why cannot you appreciate your beautiful New Hampshire surroundings?" speech but since have come to the conclusion that I am not a fan. Small hikes (Mt. Cardigan) - I enjoy. Camping - no. However, I am trying very hard to be cautiously optimistic about this trip...

    ReplyDelete