Sunday, September 13, 2009

18th Budapest International Wine Festival


Literally every weekend there is a wine festival in Hungary, and the biggest one was this weekend at the Buda castle. Susan and I met up with a couple of her coworkers, picked up a wine glass and a pouch to hold it in, and tried...more wine than I have ever seen before in my life. My favorite was the Oremus Tokaji, the sweet Hungarian white wine.

In addition to the wine, highlights of the evening included:

Neutralizing the effects of copious wine consumption with toki pompos, Hungarian pizza with sour cream, bacon, cheese & onion.

Procuring a salsa dancing partner - although Susan's coworker may not have remembered agreeing to this, I have a witness.

My cabdriver asking me if I liked the Boston Celtics when I told him I was from Boston. Umm YES?!?!

5 comments:

  1. You should hang out with your Celtic-loving cabdriver. Soulmates??

    PS: gel pens are in full force.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was also blogging about the Festival and found your blog while doing a search for töki pompos. Glad I found your blog! I also just moved to Budapest and it'll be interesting to read about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I don't. But I'm working on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pizza sounds ridiculous...i may be drooling a bit.

    ReplyDelete