Friday, December 18, 2009

Blast From The Past

(I do realize I just did a 180 - not posting for 1.5 months to updating the site with alarming frequency. Yes, I am still employed.)

But I had to share the most recent post from my sister Kara's blog The Art Cart, ruminations on the New England art scene. The first two paragraphs cracked me up.

Most of the time I am incredibly irked when celebrities try to "multi-talent" themselves. One of my favorite examples is Ms. Simpson-Wentz. It became pretty obvious, after her stint on SNL, that she could not sing. Then she tried her talents on the big screen, then on the small screen and then she tried to name a baby (Bronx Mowgli?!?).

I'm really sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Simpson-Wentz but the last time I called a child Mogley my little sister was trying to slide down the banister at our house. She had a Buster Brown hair cut and the only clothes she had on were some white undies. She reminded me of the kid in the Jungle Book and so I started calling her Mogley's Butt (I got grounded for that, if you're wondering).



Me, Cuz Anthony, Cuz Jennifer, Kara, Cuz Lauren, Krista (aka Mogley's Butt) a few years prior to the aforementioned incident.


Kara, you seem to be sporting a Mogley-esque haircut yourself...

3 comments:

  1. I know, I know...
    but its not my fault!!!
    Go talk to Mom about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, no lie, I look much more Mowgli-esque than Krista in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So can we call Krista Mowgli's Butt still? Or will your mom ground me?

    ReplyDelete