Thursday, April 29, 2010

TMI?

My friends make fun of me for constantly asking questions. But really - I am interested; when I don’t ask questions is when I don’t care. Perhaps I should take this seriously and ditch b-school for a journalism degree, but in the meantime I will settle for continuing to bug friends, family and other unlucky peeps.

My favorite question is asking someone to describe his/her typical day. I like picturing that person living her “real” daily life, especially if I don’t know too much about it. It also helps my self-esteem to hear that other people too some nights get home from work, preemptively download turn on Millionaire Matchmaker, and don’t move from the couch.

Given this, I am just gonna assume you are interested in my daily life too. And since I spend the majority of my waking time at work…

Why, hello little car that gets me to work each day ~12 km outside of the city in Budaörs.


Morning commute: 20 minutes. Evening commute: 20 minutes – 2 hours. Road rage: you betcha.

I am not kidding when I tell you I work in an industrial park behind Tesco and Kika.


At least we have the Buda hills in the distance.


My windowless office explains my constant ignorance about the weather.


Alex: Let’s get drinks outside after work!
Susan: It’s downpouring.

Lack of windows coupled with being located on the first floor is why you shouldn’t take my threats to jump out of the window too seriously.

I also want to point out this is my 100th blog post. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed. I will choose the former and the latter only when the number of posts begins to exceed the number of profile views (pro forma of course for my own clicks).

P.S. Dad, "TMI" stands for too much information. So when Mom and Kara start discussing Bethenny's "surprise" pregnancy on The Real Housewives of NYC, just say "TMI." Then call me so I can join the conversation.

4 comments:

  1. I miss you! wish i was there for "outside" drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend! I was just thinking about you yesterday because my friend was asking for advice on her trip to Turkey - haha. How was the wedding? Can you please send me your new email address?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop giggling at the idea that Mr. Boch might know a little more about the Real Housewives than I do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on reaching post 100! That's a legit starting point from which to write your book. If I may suggest a title "Pussy pussy: observations of a wicked cool traveler" I think it will stand out in the book stores.

    ReplyDelete