Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th


Because white people like irony (#50 on the ubiquitous "List of Stuff White People Like"), I celebrated July 4th with my best college friends in London. The travel was a bit difficult (flight delay, I forgot my wallet, I locked myself out of my phone/blackberry which contained the contact info for and address of my friend in London), so I felt pretty proud of myself when I deposited myself at 8 Queensbury Lane, Mews West at around 4 AM on Saturday morning.

We began the July 4th celebration with a softball game in Hyde Park. What was supposed to be an intense competition between America and the Brits turned into a game played while drinking Pimm's cups with teams determined by counting off by twos. We didn't follow any discernable rules - it just was awesome to run around outside and enjoy the gorgeous weather. It was even more awesome to be without a language barrier for a weekend (I don't count Scottish accents). While Katy made a couple of impressive plays on third base, I pretty much sported my "If it's not basketball, I don't understand it" look throughout the whole game (see below).





Alexis and Clem hosted a BBQ after the game. They went all out with the decorations, and I think Clem is the only person I know whom nonchalantly can pull off a sequined red cowboy hat. And I pummeled that pinata like it was Doc Rivers threatening to trade Rajon Rondo.


(Alyssa, I am wearing the Madison, WI shirt for you - and not dressed up, as one guy accused me of, for Canada Day.)

We ended up the night pretty much like any night at college - tired, full, content, and sitting on the foo. To sum up the wonderful weekend in a tweet:

12:50 AM, July 06

BRILLIANT weekend in London celebrating the 4th! Super fun softball game followed by DELISH bbq at A&C's. Pesto pasta salad TO DIE FOR. And how CUTE are those British accents?! ;) Slept in Sunday, had yummy brunch at Tom's and walked around Chelsea (posh!). Shared FAB Hummingbird cupcakes and watched Wimbeldon final (Andy Roddick is GORGEOUS!). Old memories, new memories, great party, AMAZING friends. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

1:20 AM, July 06

Time to go to bed. Probably will wash face and brush teeth. May floss but maybe not depending on how motivated once in bathroon. Will pick up book borrowed from Clem "Guns, Germs and Steel" but likely will put down after two pages in favor of Marie Claire purchased today at Heathrow. Will feel guilty about not flossing and debate getting out of bed to do so. Is three weeks into a new job too early to take a personal day? TMI? YES!

I promise to never fake-tweet again.

1 comment:

  1. girl, you committed the #1 twitter foul. a tweet is 140 characters or less!

    i still love it.

    ReplyDelete