Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Love My Mom

This is the comment my mom posted under my last entry.

Honey, I have noticed that I am the most prolific commenter to your blog, which has to be a total bummer for you. I mean--your mother!?!?!? But, I do feel for your situation as I have spent the last 30 years writing things that 99.999....% of the time get no reaction from anyone. It's hard to know what to think? Is what I'm writing so stupid that it's not worthy of comment? Or, are they so overwhelmed with the brilliance that they don't dare comment? Or, do they just not care? I have a feeling that a number of people are enjoying your updates but have not managed to navigate the difficulties of posting a comment. You might consider resorting to threats such as, "React or I'll stop writing!" Even that probably won't get much of a reaction, but it might make you feel better. Anyway, I hope lots of people are sending emails directly rather than posting comments. Love you, moms

6 comments:

  1. I feel the need to defend myself as a reader... Alex, and Mrs. Bochicchio: This is my first comment on the blog. It is by no means from any lack of interest. More I don't really feel up to having my thoughts compared with ACB wit and great story telling. Please don't stop writing. Those of us living more banal lives back in Boston need this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Luke. My wit is subpar at best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Luke and Nina: Keep up the good work! Writers need an audience to keep writing. And ... I know you both! You are extremely witty and gorgeous and intelligent. Go for it .... M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not my lack of wit that's keeping me from posting -- it's my technological ineptitude. If only this process were more Twitter-like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading Alex! Keep it up!!!

    ....I must add that I do believe excellent story telling/witty writing style runs in the family... ;)

    Hi Aunt Marilyn!!

    ReplyDelete