Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The First Rule of Budapest Is:

Unlike Tyler, I have only three rules of the 'Pest.

I intend to share these with all visitors upon arrival; unfortunately, I usually forget. Now you cannot say I didn't warn you.

1. Avoid Chinese food buffets (Kinai Bufe) at all cost. Just assume they intend to poison you and hit up the sketchy gyro stand instead.

2. Heed the little green crossing man.

3. Never hail a taxi; call the special number.

Did I forget anything? What are the rules for where you live?

3 comments:

  1. I remember those rules well. They came in handy too after almost getting run over a few times on the first walk. As you will soon be moving to Cambridge, here's my attempt at some rules for the hipster side of the river:
    1) Feel free to walk across the street whenever -- pedestrians own Harvard Sq (Just ignore me sitting in my car shaking my fist)
    2)Falafel King is amazing, even before 3am post night out
    3) Tight pants, funny hats and tattoos are not necessary apparel in order to be friends with the locals, though they help

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4. In addition to grilling burgers and hotdogs, Cambridgites enjoy the occasional grilled oreo.
    5. After you embarrass yourself in a hip hop dance class, you can no longer escape to the other side of the river.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6. Bike riding is encouraged throughout the greater-Boston area; fixed-gear bike riding is encouraged in Cambridge. If you plan on buying a bicycle, you may consider a fixed-gear machine; a normal bicycle may draw jeers from the natives such as "hey man, go fixie!"

    ReplyDelete