Friday, May 14, 2010

Tommy Point

Yesterday I forgot to mention one of my hobbies when in the US is following the (no longer) young & hustling Boston Celtics. The highlight of my life as of age 16 was Sports Guy Bill Simons' posting my comment on his now defunct digital city site - I had suggested the networks add to the TV screen a barometer which measured Tommy Heinsohn’s blood alcohol level during games so viewers knew how much credence to give his comments.

If NBA.com claims that LeBron and Cavaliers didn't lose series; Celtics won it, I can only imagine last night Tommy was saying things like:

“The 2009-2010 Celtics Team would have ENSLAVED the [plural noun misinterpreted as a racist slur when in fact was the first thing Tommy saw upon looking up from his Jack and Coke] on the 1966-67 Philadelphia 76ers.”

“If Rondo were a woman, I would take him home with me tonight. In fact, maybe I will anyway.”

“Zydrunas Ilgauskas! Zydrunas Ilgafdhddjshfdjhfdsjfshkdhk! Zydrunas Ilganevergonnawinachampionship!"

Let’s just give the entire team a Tommy Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment