Thursday, May 20, 2010

Welcome to Budapest

Mr. & Mrs. Z,

Your daughter Nina arrived safely in Budapest last night.

We celebrated her arrival in typical Hungarian fashion with a palinka tasting. An ironic event since all palinka tastes the same - terrible. Pear palinka with honey may as well be charcoal palinka with lighter fluid.

Vanity almost precluded me from posting this picture. And I think it was only palinka #2 (of 8).


Luckily food was served with each course, causing Nina and I to admit - yes, we do like mayo despite protests to the contrary. Add it to the list.


This is a girl who just arrived to Budapest via Frankfurt via Montreal. Let's give her a hand.


Actually, let's give her a bed. 1/2 of mine to be exact.

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for communist-remiscent mayo-drenched potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAYO!? OMG, I guess you better not lecture me on nutrition when you ate so much of that junk...Or was it the exhaustion and the palinka?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Z, I think Nina just is becoming Hungarian...

    ReplyDelete