Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mama's Day!

For Mama's Day Weekend, I got Mama Boch all to myself in Paris.


(Although I did half expect to find Gracie & Olivia in her suitcase chowing down on the Peanut Butter Puffins I had asked for. In fact, Peanut Butter Puffin would be a perfect nickname for Gracie.)


I wish I looked this good post-transatlantic flight.


On Friday night, we went to a wine tasting at O Chateau, the former personal wine cellar of Louie XV.

Our sommelier Anselme declined to answer when asked his thoughts on Two Buck Chuck. He however did compare over-oaked Californa wine to doing sexual things to Pinocchio.


My favorite wine was the sensual Cotes du Rhone Village, spicy with a hint of eucalyptus. I even could detect the earthy minerality indigenous to the region.


Yeah right! By wine #4, our notes mainly consisted of making fun of the other (much more knowledgeable) people at the event.


You would look this happy too.


For some reason, the Lourve was really funny that night.


Mom was eying the chandelier in Napolean’s apartments for our dining room at home.


Mama Boch and I have the same vacation style: lazy with a hint of (unpictured) gelato.


Best Mama's Day ever!

2 comments:

  1. So, the important question is: what art did you manage to steal for me at the Louvre?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a surprise. It was a bit difficult/flimsy to transport so mom stuffed it with underwear.

    ReplyDelete